The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Would you trust your gear with this rack?
Old 22nd December 2011
Lives for gear

Would you trust your gear with this rack?

I was looking for a nice convenient rolling rack for some gear, and came across this. It looks good, and has a great price. But the idea of it breaking and my stuff crashing to the ground keeps me from pushing the buy button. Anyone use this or recommend one way or the other?

Amazon.com: Seismic Audio - SR01 - Rolling Steel DJ Rack Case with Mixer Top - 22 Units - 13 Units on Top - 9 Units on the Front: Musical Instruments
Old 23rd December 2011
Lives for gear

I bought that very model last year to mount a reel to reel in. I got it here and put it together and everything seemed fine and sturdy. I went to mount the machine and, to my surprise, the rack rails were too wide. You couldn't even fit a standard piece of gear between them. I guess the Chinese factory cut them too wide or something.

Regardless, I called the company to let them know and the guy on the phone was a super nice guy. He sent me another one right away and it was here two days later. The only problem was that the second unit had the exact same problem. I let them know this and he said to just use them as a boat anchor and refunded my money.

Now maybe they've gotten the problem fixed but I would probably avoid this model. At the very least call and let them know you are aware of the problem and to check it out before they send it. It's really too bad. Screwy rack width aside, it was definitely the sturdiest roll around/tilt rack I found at that price break.
Old 23rd December 2011
Lives for gear

Interesting. There are a few reviews online that are positive and don't say anything about them not fitting. Maybe that issue is resolved. Build quality was my only concern, and if you think it was of good quality maybe I should pull the trigger. I think the return policy is probably pretty lenient also.
Old 23rd December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysenterygary View Post
Interesting. There are a few reviews online that are positive and don't say anything about them not fitting. Maybe that issue is resolved. Build quality was my only concern, and if you think it was of good quality maybe I should pull the trigger. I think the return policy is probably pretty lenient also.
The Amazon link you posted above has a review that states the exact same problem I had.
Old 23rd December 2011
Lives for gear

I didn't even think to look at the amazon reviews... oh well, I guess I'll pass.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search