The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any gear you've sold, then repurchased, or planning on it? Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 13th December 2011
Gear Addict

Any gear you've sold, then repurchased, or planning on it?

I was wondering if there are any folks up in here who have sold a piece of gear only to regret it later, and ended up repurchasing it, or plan to in the near future? I sold my asrx pro a little while ago, and I sorely regret it. I kick myself every morning. I plan on buying another red beauty as soon as I can.
Old 13th December 2011
Lives for gear

FMR RNP. Darn I miss it! Such a good preamp for the money
Old 13th December 2011
I see an identical thread from 2010 in the "Similar Threads" box so I'm not sure if I should post here. But anyway I traded away an Ensoniq ESQ1 for a VA, and its definitely on my bucket list to get another one (or the rack version, or an SQ80).
Old 13th December 2011
Lives for gear

When I moved countries I sold a Revox A77 which I'd love to get back.

I did sell and rebuy a Fender US Jazzmaster and RAT pedal. Can't live without em.
Old 13th December 2011
Here for the gear

yeah, same with me! sold my asr 10 and regret it every day
Old 13th December 2011
Lives for gear

Racked pair of Langevin AM16.

Altec 1567a. I sold a pair and have bought 2 since then but they are nowhere near as nice and quiet.
Old 13th December 2011
Lives for gear
Great River ME1-NV. Downgraded my studio to finance doing the album elsewhere. Sold several nice pieces, but the GR is the one thing I have to have again.
Old 13th December 2011
Gear Maniac

Not quite sold, but I had my Sony DPS V-77 and Ensoniq DP-Pro multi-EFX boxes all packed up and ready for ebay because I use plug in reverbs, and I don't use a mixing console anymore, but then I patched them in the interface and created inserts for them so I could listen to them side by side with plugins and I quickly changed my mind. These are very flexible and good sounding units. Definitely worth more to me than what I could get for them on ebay.
Old 13th December 2011
Lives for gear

Pacifica, Daking Mic Pre IV, and Great River Harrison 32eq.
Old 13th December 2011
It's a fairly common problem I think, often driven by the fact that something HAS to be sold, not that you wanted to sell it. If I had the bucks, I'd probably have already re-purchased almost everything I sold in the past (C414, Pearlman TM-1, Great River pre twice, Great River stereo EQ, Distressor, API 550Bs and 527, Emery Microbaby amp, Les Paul Std, and probably other things I'm forgetting.) And I have now re-purchased a Solo-610 as well and still am managing to hold onto it.
Old 13th December 2011
Lives for gear

A couple of blackface Bassman heads I sold in '92 before heading off to college. Doh!
Old 13th December 2011
Lives for gear

Manely Backbone and Manley Snappers.
Old 13th December 2011
Lives for gear

Lol must really be an asr thing . They can seem obsolete when u got 'em, but when gone, it's like oh yeah everything I did with those sounds awesome!
I've sold and re-bought a Rhodes.
Old 13th December 2011
Lives for gear
i did this on two products this week. i got in a jam last summer needed money quick. api pres and a dangerous d-box. the d-box is one of the best products made for the money. i never really used it for summing all that much but the monitoring section and d/a is really great.
Old 13th December 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basspartout View Post
yeah, same with me! sold my asr 10 and regret it every day
ME TOO!!!!!
Old 13th December 2011
Lives for gear

Roland Juno 60. It was my first keyboard. I foolishly sold it when digital keyboards "took over" in the late 80s and then bought one back two years ago.
Old 13th December 2011
Lives for gear

I sold my Pod Pro rack unit to help fund a set of good converters.

It was a good move at the time....but I really miss being able to put on the headphones late at night and crank up those sweet candy tones.

Then there's that old Carvin amp......sigh......
Old 14th December 2011
Lives for gear

Vintage Fender Jaguars, especially Fiesta Red ones....I like the look of them but I never get on with them to play...but I never learn!
Old 14th December 2011
Gear Addict

Woah, pretty impressive pieces of kit there people. I wish I had a time machine. heh
Old 14th December 2011
Lives for gear

I sold my 82' jcm 800 combo, I didn't think I would miss it with my plexi and 72' deluxe reverb, but i really do

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search