The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
M7cl head amp gain Consoles
Old 12th December 2011
Here for the gear

M7cl head amp gain

when i move the head amp gain the signal gaps every 6 steps. you can hear that there is no audio for less than half a second , but you notice it. Does anyone had that experience?. thanks a lot.
Old 12th December 2011
Lives for gear

Yep.
Old 13th December 2011
Here for the gear

hi jeff .So it happens to you . i have read that also happens in ls9 and pm5 . I cant believe it . how do i change gain live?. the only way is with the compressor out. i will be pleased if you send me more info . thanks.
Old 13th December 2011
Lives for gear
same here, even with the headamps of the external riedl rocknet
Old 13th December 2011
Here for the gear

hi tenderboy.can you tell me exactly what happens?.
Old 14th December 2011
often referred to as "the zipper".
feel like it was worse on older 5ds. maybe just where it was first noticed?
they are staged head amp designs, three stages i think. as you increase applied gain you pass through each stage causing the pause/click/clack/zip sound.
just change the gain on the downbeat.....
what version firmware/software on the M7?
current revision is 3.5-ish i believe
Old 14th December 2011
Here for the gear

thanks a lot .My english is very bad and i didnt understand ..." change the gain in the downtempo .." . I HAVE JUST CALLED YAMAHA SPAIN AND THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY WERE LINEAR HEAD AMPS. AND SHOUD NOT DO THIS.And again ...how to rectificate gain live ??????????? .

Blackfish do you think updating soft-firm will solve this huge problem? .
Old 16th December 2011
Here for the gear

Version 1.14
Old 16th December 2011
Gear Maniac

cant say i have ever had this happen on an m7 or an ls9 or pm5, i use an ls9 every week and an m7 most weeks
Old 16th December 2011
Gear Maniac

i have had it happen on an o1v96 though now that i think about it
Old 16th December 2011
Lives for gear

What abou ditching Yamaha consoles? The user interface might be great (I quite like M7CL and PM5D infact) but the sound is far from being great (especially on the M7CL, which is stil a >20k console!!) and there are few drawbacks like the one mentioned in this thread... So.. Choose a BETTER product..
Digico make some fine digital consoles.. As Midas.. I mean probably even a Presonus is better from that point of view..

If people stops to buy those console, the company will be forced to do something better.. no?

End of ranting LOL

Just my 0.02$,

Cheu
Old 16th December 2011
Here for the gear

the point is that i need to know if m7 cl has that kind of trouble to send it to tec. service or not . can anyone help me . thaks .
Old 17th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflotas View Post
the point is that i need to know if m7 cl has that kind of trouble to send it to tec. service or not . can anyone help me . thaks .
Yes, ask/call your dealer or the Yammie support in your country.. I think it's the first thing that I'll do.. It's "their" console, they should know..

If they don't care or you're not happy with the answers try to sell it as fast as you can and buy something else..

Good luck!

Take care,

Cheu

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search