The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TC-Helicon VoiceTone Synth Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 1st December 2011
Gear interested

TC-Helicon VoiceTone Synth

Hey, i did post this in another forum but thought this place might shed some light aswell

upgrading my studio this and next month and this looks like a cool little toy to have.

Has anybody got any exprience with it?

I am looking for something that can be used as a vocoder/ something to mortph sound's in general..

i produce progressive house and love these types of vocals :

0.33 :

Alesso - Raise Your Head - YouTube

Very hard vocoded/ distorted sounds, do you know if this piece of hardware would be good for me?

One last question, with it being hardware, if i wanted to use it with logic on say an acapella i had, would i have to route out from logic via my soundcard then through the voicetone synth and then re-recorded back into logic?

Here's the product : TC-Helicon | VoiceTone Synth - HardTune™ & Vocoder-in-a-Pedal

Thanks for any advice

Mike!
Old 1st December 2011
Gear Guru
Do you want it for live, or for recording? It's intended for live use, if you can't afford their better models such as the VoiceLive2. I've got a pair of VoiceLive2, which does most of what this does except the Vocoder. I'm not happy with the preamps, but the saving grace is that they have digital in and out, so you can bypass the cheap analog section.

I'm guessing the cheaper pedals are equal or possibly worse in the analog department. Then again - if you want lofi robot sounds then a bit of dirt won't hurt.

If it's for studio use, I would use plugins. I find the TC FX to be very average, and easily replicated with good plugins.

There are plenty of plugin Vocoders if you want to explore that type of sound. And plenty of pitch correction software options - you might already have everything you need in your DAW.

This product is aimed at a specific market - budget live sound.
Old 1st December 2011
Gear interested

Thanks a lot for that, it is for studio use so from your review it seems like it's not the product for me, i'll check some vocoder's out thanks again

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search