The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Good, cheap, monitor stands (UK)
Old 29th November 2011
Gear Head

Good, cheap, monitor stands (UK)

Hi,

I have done a search without success.

I need stands for my focal cms50s. Minimum height of 80cm and i can accommodate up to about 90-95cm with chair adjustment.

Currently have mopeds too which are a little flimsy on stands and dont really suit the focals that well as they either have the spikes or the rubber shelf stand on the bottom, so will be replacing them with these - http://www.studiospares.com/speaker-...CRVtLTvQ%3D%3D

Would ideally like to be able to fill with sand or similar and feel that the top plate should not be too small, so to give maximum support for the isolation pads. I would prefer rigid over adjustable as I can't help feel that they would be more stable, but please advise if I am wrong on this.

The catch is I do not want to spend a great deal of money as cash is tight! Could any recommend a cost effective solution? Any help would would be much appreciated.

Darren
Old 29th November 2011
Buy some PVC pipe and some flanges and make your own - bolt or glue on some plywood top and bottom and fill with sand.
Old 29th November 2011
Lives for gear

You beat me to it!

Besides being cheap, you find a more solid alternative.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search