The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Recommendations on drummers,bassists, and keyboard players? Utility Plugins
Old 23rd November 2011
Gear Nut

Recommendations on drummers,bassists, and keyboard players?

I am a singer/songwriter and up til now I have recorded all the instruments when I write a song. Programming drums, playing bass, and piano/keyboard playing is very time consuming and I find that I can't get down to the business of writing more songs when I have to do all of this.
Can anyone recommend:
1. Someone who can program general MIDI drums that is very proficient at it and has actual drumming background who can listen to my tunes recorded with a metronome and come up with drums that complement the song. I have some good drum libraries of my own that I'd like to use with the General MIDI programming that someone else does.
2. A pro-caliber bassist who can play directly in the pocket.
3. An established keyboard/piano player who can also give me MIDI files.
4. Stellar background vocalist
I'm not looking for hobbyists....moreso people who have their own studios and could be considered session players.
I'd like to form ongoing online relationships with these people and pay them per track. Initially, I'd probably want someone to do a freebie track for me to demonstrate their talent/ability. My end goal is to record my own independent album and I'm tired of being limited by the ability/creativity of local musicians. Thanks for any leads you can provide.
Here's an example of one of my songs done all on my own. I am not a drummer, bass player, or keyboard player so be advised.
Not Too Late by travisbarnes on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Old 23rd November 2011
Lives for gear

I did listen to you sang, and if you want, i can put some real drums, acoustic
no MIDI on your song....PM for detail.

Thank you.
Old 23rd November 2011
Band-in-a-box 2011 might be your cup of tea. Especially if you want midi.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search