The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Brent Averill 3405
Old 15th April 2006
Gear Addict

Brent Averill 3405

Who's using these? I have a chance to get a pair. I already have the 1272 and really like it. Could someone compare it to anything for me? Thanks, Mike.
Old 15th April 2006
Gear Addict

bump
Old 15th April 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamike
Who's using these? I have a chance to get a pair. I already have the 1272 and really like it. Could someone compare it to anything for me? Thanks, Mike.
Don't know about this unit. Any links?
Old 15th April 2006
Lives for gear

The 3405 unit is the mic pre used in the NEVE 1081. It is class A/B. Sounds wonderful from those I've chatted with about it. Brent Averill no longer offers this unit unfortunately.
Old 15th April 2006
Lives for gear

I would call Brent Averill Enterprises and talk to Avedis. He knows what's up. He'll tell you anything you need to know about anything BAE has ever sold.
Old 15th April 2006
Gear Maniac

3405s

I have used these before, the studio had 2 of the 3405's and 2 1272. I always used them for toms there, you could drive the preamp a little hard get some compression and they seemed to pick up the transients better than the 1272's. You cant over push them like the 1272/1290 preamps because they will become fuzzy, I think due to the class A/B section. I really want a pair next purchase I make.

I kinda wish seventh circle would have a go at these as I think they sound a bit different from the 1272/1290 preamps and I would love to have a rack with those.
Old 20th April 2006
Gear Addict

They're on their way.

Well, thanks to the slutz (sprecial props tp e-cue and robmix), I bought the BAE 3405s. Should have 'em next week. I'll follow up on how I like them once I've used them on a few things.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search