The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Multiface and rosetta link Digital Converters
Old 28th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Multiface and rosetta link

Hello guys, I'm a recent gearslutz convert and am surprised I could learn so much (and probably unlimited) from this forum.
Now I just can't stop checking this form almost every 30 min... man..

So... I recently got Rosetta 800 and I've been using it for some time now. Before this I used multiface 1 with pcmcia card and since I don't use old laptop anymore it's been sitting around, collecting dust. I heard about linking audio I/O via ADAT or wordclock and never tried and have zero idea how to do this.

So if I use Rosetta as main and want to use multiface as slave, do i just connect via wordclock or adat and will they be just linked automatically? Does multiface need to be connected to computer in order to do this? I hope not since I can't connect pcmcia anymore.

Guys, I'm seeking for some enlightment here. Please save this poor multiface

Last edited by idmmer417; 28th October 2011 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: spelling check
Old 28th October 2011
Lives for gear

In theory yes the Multiface does work in standalone mode (will need the power supply if you have it) but it loses all settings as soon as you power down. In practice, I think you'd still need the laptop so you can start it up each day. Check the manual though in case I got that wrong.

If you're looking for a good home to retire it to, and you're in the EU, PM me. Got a HDSP card recently but still looking for the main unit
Old 28th October 2011
Gear Maniac

hey man, thanks for great help

What I'm wondering is that would it be okay to keep multiface on and never turn it off? Won't that be harmful for over heating or something like that?
Old 28th October 2011
Lives for gear

I suspect it would keep going for years even if you never switch it off. Did you ever notice it running hot before?
Old 28th October 2011
Gear Maniac

When I used it as main audio I/O, I usually turned it off but even when I turned it on for few days, it wasn't super hot but a bit hot enough

Well as long as it's fine with being powered on forever, that's fine with me
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search