The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
500 series - 2x space?
Old 7th April 2006
Gear Maniac

500 series - 2x space?

Just a thought..
If I remeber correctly, the P1 doesnt have the same output transformer as the Pacifica because of space restrictions, and the Mono GAMA is not available with the optional Iron - "St. Ives type" transformer because of space restrictions (please correct me if I'm wrong here).
So is it possible to produce 500 series modules that take up 2 slots in the rack to include modules that would require more space than the usual single slot module ?
Old 7th April 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agli
Just a thought..
If I remeber correctly, the P1 doesnt have the same output transformer as the Pacifica because of space restrictions, and the Mono GAMA is not available with the optional Iron - "St. Ives type" transformer because of space restrictions (please correct me if I'm wrong here).
So is it possible to produce 500 series modules that take up 2 slots in the rack to include modules that would require more space than the usual single slot module ?
Actually I think the Pacifica uses the same transformer, but the difference was the lower voltage from the 500 series rack..
Old 7th April 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont
Actually I think the Pacifica uses the same transformer, but the difference was the lower voltage from the 500 series rack..

Hi Tony,

Yes you are correct in stating it is the same input and output transformers windings.

The differences are the voltages with the cards are lower and the output transformer of the Pacifica is the same ratio of alloys BUT larger in size.
These are the ONLY differences between the P-1 and the Pacifica (tech speaking).
As far as sonics..........................they each have their own,.....one being a tad different then the other but the differences are NOT night and day!

I hope that helped.

Peter Montessi
A Designs Audio
www.adesignsaudio.com

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search