The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MBOX 3 Mini volume knob static
Old 6th October 2011
Gear Addict

MBOX 3 Mini volume knob static

Anybody else having issues with their MBOX 3 mini? Mine has static in the volume knob. I've returned it twice already for the same issue. I just got mine back from avid the other day and they were supposed to have fixed the issue. While it doesnt occur as much as it used to, I heard a slight static noise again yesterday which leads me to believe that it wasn't fully fixed or mbox's just suck when it comes to volume knob static. That's why I'm thinking about selling this thing to get a duet 2!
Old 6th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevgees View Post
Anybody else having issues with their MBOX 3 mini? Mine has static in the volume knob. I've returned it twice already for the same issue. I just got mine back from avid the other day and they were supposed to have fixed the issue. While it doesnt occur as much as it used to, I heard a slight static noise again yesterday which leads me to believe that it wasn't fully fixed or mbox's just suck when it comes to volume knob static. That's why I'm thinking about selling this thing to get a duet 2!
Mine's like that but I use it on a secondary computer, not in the studio and don't use the volume much so I just deal with it.
Old 6th October 2011
Gear Addict

Wow. That means it's a common problem. Avid should be ashamed if themselves!!
Old 28th December 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Wow. That means it's a common problem. Avid should be ashamed if themselves!!
Of course, they probably aren't :(
Old 12th April 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Old 12th April 2013
Here for the gear

I think theres some spray for volume knob static, it may be a dust issue
Old 17th July 2015
Here for the gear

yes this guys right about the spray

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search