The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Behringer XENYX X2442USB/Cubase Elements 6 setup
Old 22nd September 2011
Here for the gear

Behringer XENYX X2442USB/Cubase Elements 6 setup

So I'm using The Behringer XENYX X2442USB mixer as my audio interface. My recording program is Cubase elements 6 and i have my studio monitors plugged into the back of the mixer in the designated area and i'm getting sound through the program so I know cubase is reading the device signal as it shows in the device setup. My mic however is being read through cubase and in the device setup its saying its active but when I try to record the audio track nothing is being picked up in cubase. Although the mixer represents as if sound is going through and i hear my voice(i'm recording vocals) through the monitors so i know everything is working so i'm wondering why cubase won't pick up the sound when recording as it says it recognizes that the mic is there. On the mixer i have the mics selected going through to the main mix and the usb 2/track button pressed down going through the main mix making it act as a audio interface....so i'm wondering what am i doing wrong and i'm hoping to find a quick answer to my problem! Its probally simple but i'm missing something and am desperate to start recording again so HELP!!!!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search