The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
M-box vs 003 vs LDC
Old 21st September 2011
Here for the gear

M-box vs 003 vs LDC

I am debating on what piece of gear to get next. The debate is between a new microphone and a digi 003. At the moment I am using an M-box 2 with an SM-58 and an AKG-414. I am not trying to build a fully functional studio, just enough gear to record my album at home. I found a deal on the 003 for about 900 bucks (+factory). I am programming my drums so I will mostly be recording guitars/bass/vocals/piano

What does everyone think I will get more out of, 003 or a large diaphragm condenser of equal value?
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Maniac

The 414 is a great mic and the MBox 2 is a not so great interface. The 003 is the first thing you should upgrade, but you'll definitely want some dynamic mics too.
Old 22nd September 2011
Here for the gear

Had one more question. Assuming I pick up the 003 can I swap it directly with the m-box and just install the necessary drivers or will I have to do a clean install of Pro-tools?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search