The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Might get a Shure endorsement deal, what to get?
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Addict

Might get a Shure endorsement deal, what to get?

what could I ask?

I have a Home studio with these mics:

AT4040
AT2020(xlr)
SM57
MD421

I think I'll ask for an SM7b and what else do you recommend I get from them? do they have in-ears? I might be interested in some in-ears for mixing

what do you think? I don't think I can't ask for more than 1,500 - 2,000 bucks worth of stuff.....
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

In ears for mixing ???????
and what do you record? Might be helpful :+)
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Addict

I have my monitors and I have sony MDR-7506 which I love, but I wanted to get some molded in-ears for mixing too.....(using all three) plus, live gigs too since I'm a musician (singer songwriter)

I play acoustic pop and blues rock, which is what I record mostly. But I dabble in some pop, rock, and even light electronic music since I create jingles too.

My needs are mostly for vocals and guitars (acou. guitars, elec guitars) etc since I'm a singer and Voice Over actor.
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

Grab the roswelite ribbons they bought off crowley and trip oh and an sm7 of course!

Sent from my X10i using Gearslutz.com App
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

Ksm313
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

A KSM32?
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

Pair of ksm 44s!
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

Oh, and a few SM57s (and/or SM58s) would be nice - would be helpful for live shows too.
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

I'd ask for a pair of ksm137, sounds nice and rugged enough to be used live also, and one (or both) of their ribbons (formerly known as crowley and tripp)... 313 and 353..

Just my 0.02$,

Bests,

Cheu
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

a pair of 44's, a pair of 81's, beta 52, sm7 and a handfull of 57's. that should cover most things. ask about those new side address 81 things, forget the model # and maybe a 91? (the boundary, inside kick mic)
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

On a side note crowley and tripp ,josephson e22 .can shure not design come up with anything themselves anymore? Or at least make good ideas more affordable
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Addict

I don't record drums :(
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear
I am not shure I would use in ears for mixing, but they shure are great for mic placement.
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

If you do voice-overs then get the ribbons. and a KSM44 for any acoustic guitars you might record as well as a go-to vocal mic most of the time.
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeytpg View Post
I don't record drums :(
However, having a range of mics will benefit you for getting different sounds, live recording but also drums if you ever need to.
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

I don't know how much you are on the road and how much in the studio..I see that if you're more on the road might have more sense going with a pair of sdc and dynamics..(of course I don't know how it's based your live shows, so it depends) Btw both the ribbons and the ksm137 are very nice on ac gtr.. I bet those ribbons will be nice in front of a gtr cab as well, and you should try it in the studio as a vocal mic, you might be surprised.. heh
Btw the SM7 is also a very good alternative..
After all it all depends from the source..Try to find the best mic for your sources, gtr's and vocals, etc.. I'm sure that they will allow you to try try whatever you want and keep what do you need, in the terms of that deal..

Bests,

Cheu
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

Transformerless 57? :+)
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Head

Get one Shure SM7. Very good on voices when paired with a good preamp. Last Arctic Monkeys album "Suck It And See" has all the guitars tracked with SM7's... seemed funny to me, very full bodied and dynamic-miked guitar sound!
In my experience as well, no more problem with "esses" when tracking voice!

Btw, in ears for mixing??? You'll get ear fatigue so easily...
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Addict

Question: Why are they sponsoring you in the first place?
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveUK View Post
On a side note crowley and tripp ,josephson e22 .can shure not design come up with anything themselves anymore? Or at least make good ideas more affordable
If you knew the guys in Shures product development and engineering departments you wouldn't make these remarks!
How many times have we heard "58 killer" ?
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

They seem to be losing that stalwart also at least a wee bit. Don't get me wrong I love my shures but if you're going to adopt small companies ideas at least undercut them:=)
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

One of these would be cool having around Shure Americas | 545SD Classic Unidyne
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Addict

I have a tv show in my country (music related) and this store represents Shure and Digitech (along with harman, etc) and they want to advertise themselves in my show, I asked for gear instead of money in exchange.

I don't run a full on studio, nor I record bands, either live or in my home studio. This is a project studio where I record MY music and my voice over work, along with jingle creation.

I have an array of guitars and amps (both acoustic and electric) which I mic, same with vocals. Drums I either pay a full on drummer who has a full on studio and he tracks over there, or I used plugins such as SD2.0 or something else.

So my needs are basically Vocals, acoustic/electric guitar micing.

I want in-ears for two things: 1) live use, and 2nd to verify my mixes...I won't mix the whole project with them, but they can come in VERY handy to double check mixes.

Also please remember I prob. won't be able to get more than 1,500 bucks worth of gear...........
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeytpg View Post
I have a tv show in my country (music related) and this store represents Shure and Digitech (along with harman, etc) and they want to advertise themselves in my show, I asked for gear instead of money in exchange.

I don't run a full on studio, nor I record bands, either live or in my home studio. This is a project studio where I record MY music and my voice over work, along with jingle creation.

I have an array of guitars and amps (both acoustic and electric) which I mic, same with vocals. Drums I either pay a full on drummer who has a full on studio and he tracks over there, or I used plugins such as SD2.0 or something else.

So my needs are basically Vocals, acoustic/electric guitar micing.

I want in-ears for two things: 1) live use, and 2nd to verify my mixes...I won't mix the whole project with them, but they can come in VERY handy to double check mixes.

Also please remember I prob. won't be able to get more than 1,500 bucks worth of gear...........
+1 get the ribbons... vocal and acoustic /electric guitars sound quite good on them...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search