The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
expanding projectmix - converters / preamps
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

expanding projectmix - converters / preamps

Hey,

Looking to upgrade the converters / preamps on the projectmix via the ADAT connection. Does anyone have any suggestions of reasonably priced kit for this purpose, I.e. something like a higher end ada8000. Something like the i88x would be perfect but it cant run as standalone. only need one or two decent preamps, for vocal recording at my home setup.
Thanks
Old 22nd September 2011
Here for the gear

Projectmix owner also

I'm guessing you are recording many vocals at once having all those inputs on your external pre?
My problem with the Projectmix is that the pre's on it are way too hot, so I've added pad's to them which cost me about 50$ a piece. Otherwise when I plug a mic into them they peak and red line right away.
I adjust the pads to -20 or -10db depending on the singer...
Not sure if this is what you where looking for... I use an Avalon sp737 as my pre and track vocals 1by1

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search