The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Profire 610 Headphones Question
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Nut

Profire 610 Headphones Question

I'll be recording a song soon with a friend of mine using the M-Audio Profire 610 as the audio interface and FMR RNP as a preamp. This is the first time that I record something with someone else. The thing is, I want to listen to what I'm playing on the headphones and so does my friend because we want to hear the beep of the metronome. How would I be able to use two headphones simultaneously?
I know that the profire 610 has two headphone inputs, but the thing is the first input is for preamps 1 and 2 (the built-in preamps) and the second input is for listening to stuff recorded from inputs 3 and 4 (external preamp, in my case it is the FMR RNP) on the 610. Is there anyway I can achieve my goal?
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

You can route all the audio inside your DAW and then create separate headphone mixes. You can also just have what is feed to your main outs and have that same signal sent to outs 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 without anything in your DAW.
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Nut

I currently use Cubase 5. How would I be able to create separate headphone mixes on my DAW?
Would I be better off buying a headphone amp such as the ART HeadAmp4?
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear

No you don't need another headphone amp. You can customize what audio goes to what outs in the included Profire software.
Old 22nd September 2011
Lives for gear
There are two headphone jacks on the front. The first one uses outputs 1-2, the second uses outputs 3-4. So the first headphone output will default to what is coming out of your main outputs, then just set up an aux send to outputs 3-4 on every track you want to go to the second headphone output, and make a second master fader for outputs 3-4.

Also, be mindful of the DSP mixer, outputs 3-4 may be set to full volume so it could be very loud if sent to the headphones without assigning the master volume knob to control those outputs as well, or bringing the volume down on the master fader for outputs 3-4.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search