The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
cubase tempo fixed by default
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

cubase tempo fixed by default

is it possible to make thatTEMPO IS FIXED by default in Cubase 5,6
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Head

Pretty sure I don't understand your question, but tempo is fixed by default. Set it to whatever you want in the tempo track and it will stay there.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by antibiotic View Post
Pretty sure I don't understand your question, but tempo is fixed by default. Set it to whatever you want in the tempo track and it will stay there.
you have TRACK option which is locked and you cannot switch tempo, and you have FIXED option which you can switch tempo, by default is put on TRACK option so every time I have to change it. Do you understand now?
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Fixed means the tempo is read from what you set in the transport

Track means that the tempo is read from the tempo track. You can still change it but not directly from the transport. It allows you to write tempo changes.

I don't understand why this would be any kind of issue for you as when you start a project you'll have to set the tempo & it's not hard to make that one extra click!
The setting is then saved with your project so you only need do it once per song.

If you really want to do it then you can create an empty song template with it already switched.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Are you saying you want Cubase to try and quantize audio as it is being tracked? That I know of, only midi can do that. It would be cool, but with 12-15mics on a drumset for some of us being captured at the same time, I doubt there's an algorhythm out there that could do this reliably. You do each track after highlighting certain sections you want to fix.
Old 20th September 2011
Just create your own default project - it's as simple as that. It's worthwhile doing anyway, because i'm sure you can think of lots of things you want to default to ... I load up my favorite VSTi's and Device settings for a start ...

For non-Cubase users, the issue here is simply whether or not the Tempo Track is enable. You can simply run the whole project without the Tempo track, and just have a Fixed Tempo which you can type into the Tempo field in the transport bar at any time.

The alternative is to have the Tempo Track enabled, which doesn't allow you to change it on the fly. Tempo tracks are brilliant and necessary, but sometimes when you are programming midi tracks, you want the flexibility of messing about with Tempo for ease of programming, without commiting to programming the actual Tempo Track.
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

how you make this defauuult track to show every time when you press open new track?
Old 20th September 2011
Make your project the way you want it
"Save As Template"
name it "default"

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search