The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai MPK88- Unable to save changes to presets, Help??
Old 19th September 2011
Here for the gear

Akai MPK88- Unable to save changes to presets, Help??

Hello,

I can't seem to save changes to a preset while in edit mode; specifically the CC numbers for knobs sliders and buttons. Once I've made the changes to a preset, I exit the preset then return and find they are back to default settings. According to the manual pressing "ENTER" after selecting the desired CC number should save the changes but it is not working.

Thanks
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear
Try working in the vyzex editor and once you're done, sync it with the keyboard and save the preset arrangement on your computer.
Old 20th September 2011
Here for the gear

Sheisse... thanks blacklion. So does this mean if I want to switch between custom presets I have to do it on my computer? Is this an issue with all the mpk's? It seems incredibly backward that I can't use a $500 piece of equipment the way the manual describes, or am I missing something.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search