The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone having any latching issues with neutrik xlr connectors? Modular Synthesizers
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Head

Anyone having any latching issues with neutrik xlr connectors?

So I just upgraded from livewire to mogami cables with the neutrik connectors and for some reason many of the mics are harder to latch on the the neutrik. The sm58 and cad mics I have don't even latch properly and the rest of my mics I have to push seriously hard for them to latch. I think it's the rubber gasket on the neutrik. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 18th September 2011
teo
Lives for gear

Are you positive they are actual Neutrik connectors? Apparently there are fake ones around...
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Head

Yes 100% I got them from Guitar Center's store self. Each one of them has the same issue. It's the oddest thing.
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Head

I've had the same issues with the same cables. It can get very difficult with certain mics, but I've always been able to force them
Old 3rd May 2012
Gear Head

Ok, so my new batch of neutriks I bought to make cables are all super tight on some mics, and on the sm58 they don't latch. Can anyone confirm this at all?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search