The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
for the hybrid guys: general connection/sanity question Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

George. I had been researching this very situation . I want to be able to recall sessions quickly so I came up with something that is really good, imo. I also use cubase. I have a soundcraff ghost and wanted to actually mix with it , not just use it for summing. Here's what I did. Each of my 32 channels are setup as external plugins in cubase so that I can adjust the latency. I setup 32 output tracks in cubase. Then 32 audio tracks. Once I split 32 tracks out on the console, I send the 32 tracks in cubase, outs to the inputs of the 32 new audio tracks. Monitor thru the new tracks and send 4 stereo stems to 8 channels of the b mix on my console. I now can use plugs anywhere I want. I can insert hardware comps anywhere I want and once the mix is finished, record all 32 tracks at once. I archive the original tracks so if I want to start over on a particular track, enable it and move it back wherever I want it. It's really a good system. Seems more complicated then it is. I have 1 distressor but want to use it many tracks. I can now use it IN THE MIX PROCESS.
Just a thought.
Peace
Old 21st December 2011
after talking to a friend, he recommended me, to use the AUXes inside my DAW. means I can send whatever signal from whatever channel to independend busses/outputs. .that would solve most of my problems I guess.

more input? I will redraw the scetch and report back.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search