The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Beesneez studio series mics? Condenser Microphones
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear
New Beesneez studio series mics?

So anguswoodhead started a thread asking about the new Beesneez Oliver microphone in the Low End forum, which was the first I'd heard of the microphone. He's not going to get much of a response, as we low end guys generally don't pay $999 for a single piece of gear just to see if we like it or not without some kind of strong sense that it will be very, very awesome. Currently, I don't see info anywhere about Oliver or his baby sister Shelise, and I would be curious to learn a little bit more about these new additions to the prestigious Sneezby line.

Ben or Veronica, would either of you care to introduce them?
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

im interested in hearing about the Shelise as well. c12 clone?
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Oliver? Shelise? What about The "Roxy" .. The "Jayden" .. The "Charlene" .. They're all good Aussie names heh

Maybe we could get some American mic names? Like The "Shaniqua" .. or The "La Toya" ..
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear
LOL! Well if we're going down that road, I think other companies should start giving their products regional names. The Golden Age Project mics should be renamed Thor, Bjorn, or Freya, and well-behaved U47s should be named Gertrude, while the less ruly models should be named Fritz.

Also, if the Shaniqua becomes the go to mic for r&b studios, reality will have folded in on itself completely.
Old 11th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by prontold View Post
The Golden Age Project mics should be renamed Thor, Bjorn, or Freya ..
Where's BO ?? This is a Bona-Fide Winner !!!
Old 8th December 2011
Gear Nut

Hi, the Oliver has officially been released in the New Product Release forum. Even has something special for those who want to try it.
Old 1st January 2012
Gear Head

Who the hell is Oliver? as in Oliver Cromwell? he's not aussie.

How about; Errol, Roddy, Bluey, Dano, Wozza, Les (tehe) and for girls, Dani, Kylie, Sheila,

Broadcast Mics:

Give it a political bent; Bob, Bill, Pauline, Gough (now there's a good'n),

Studio Series:
Names from aussie places; Broke (great name for entry level mic), Chinamans Knob (might be better for a AD/DA), Chinkapook (chinese mod),
Pimpin Budgie (the out back 67 mod), Watanobbi (once again perhaps for preamp or AD/DA), Woodie Woodie (could be a sibling for the Roddy
or for a matched pair. Two woodies or woodie & woodie. How about; The Banana, matched pair B1 B2 ? there ya go (probably copyright that one).

Producer series:
use famous aussie's; Barton, Banks, Patrick, Dame (now there's a classy name), Les or The Patterson (its the mic you can drool into), Thorpe, Hugh,
Bragg, Burnet . . . Packaged in an Australian Carved Box perhaps like an outback loo. Open it up and the mic is sitting on the loo! Wow I want one!

yeah, use some names with background meaning and links to stories about some famous aussie icons for crying out loud! There's marketing for ya
Great for us aussie buyers and for sharing with the world the colourful history of Horsetrailyer

Jade, Oliver, Arabella ..... poowong!

Imagine a world class studio doing some drum tracking and the engineer says to the producer.

"Man those Overheads are not quite cutting it."

Producer says "What can we do?"

Then like a scene from 'Dude, where's my car' They both shout, "BRING OUT THE WOODIES!!!"

Regards
Burpengary

PS All meant in good humor with no intention of offense I hope you enjoyed
reading it as much as I had making all this crap up. Have a great New Year!!!
Old 1st January 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by acmeman View Post

How about; Errol, Roddy, Bluey, Dano, Wozza, Les (tehe) and for girls, Dani, Kylie, Sheila,

Broadcast Mics:

Studio Series:
Names from aussie places; Broke (great name for entry level mic), Chinamans Knob (might be better for a AD/DA), Chinkapook (chinese mod),
Pimpin Budgie (the out back 67 mod), Watanobbi (once again perhaps for preamp or AD/DA), Woodie Woodie (could be a sibling for the Roddy
or for a matched pair. Two woodies or woodie & woodie. How about; The Banana, matched pair B1 B2 ? there ya go (probably copyright that one).

Producer series:
use famous aussie's; Barton, Banks, Patrick, Dame (now there's a classy name), Les or The Patterson (its the mic you can drool into), Thorpe, Hugh,
Bragg, Burnet . . . Packaged in an Australian Carved Box perhaps like an outback loo. Open it up and the mic is sitting on the loo! Wow I want one!

yeah, use some names with background meaning and links to stories about some famous aussie icons for crying out loud! There's marketing for ya
Great for us aussie buyers and for sharing with the world the colourful history of Horsetrailyer

Imagine a world class studio doing some drum tracking and the engineer says to the producer.

Then like a scene from 'Dude, where's my car' They both shout, "BRING OUT THE WOODIES!!!"

Regards
Burpengary

BROADCAST series: I like the sound of "Pauline" the best.
STUDIO SERIES: Place names might confuse people.
PRODUCER: That one is a bit tough. I'd say "Troy", "Neil" or "Brian" sound
more genuine.
Old 17th January 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmeman View Post

Broadcast Mics:

Studio Series:

Producer series:

Regards
Burpengary

All taken in good humour. Not sure if you are aware of the history behind the names of our mics, but just in case you are not. They are all named after our children or nieces/nephews and close friends children. All names that have a special meaning for us. The Oliver earned his name as he is the name of our factory managers new little boy. As you can imagine our mics are very personal pieces of work to Ben and I, so the names are the same.

Barton and Banks..... who???? (just kidding)

Cheers,
Veronica

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search