The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fostex G16s & Mackie 1604 - DAW Setup Advice please Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 18th September 2011
Here for the gear

Fostex G16s & Mackie 1604 - DAW Setup Advice please

Hi all,

I'm setting up an analogue studio with limited knowledge on reel to reel gear, need you help please you slutz!

I've got a 16 track mackie 1604 with a Fostex 16track G16s (RCA jacks at the rear).

The setup i'm looking for is a live/studio recording setup. The style of production I like is Tom Waits, Neil Young so i'll probably stick to SM58s and SM57s with a couple of condensors for drums and maybe vocals.

The aim is to avoid spending my life in front of my PC messing about with VSTs / plugins to get a nice sound. So i'll record my band's live (mostly) impro sessions onto reel, then bounce it to the PC with a DAW.

And that's my obstacle I just don't know what DAW to get and i'm amazed there aren't many 16 track ones in the MOTU style, just straight 1/4 inch jack ins.

Anyone good with this subject or have any other ideas of how to get 16 tracks into a PC from a reel2reel?

Any help appreciated.

Fostex rear:

Mackie rear :

Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search