The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro MPA II and Pro VLA II with Duet 2?? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 18th September 2011
Here for the gear

Pro MPA II and Pro VLA II with Duet 2??

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me if a ART Pro MPA II with a Pro VLA II will compliment the Duet 2? I know that the pre amps in the duet 2 are very good for the overall price but will the ART gear be of the same calibre or will I be losing quality with the ART gear.

Thanks in advance
Old 18th September 2011
Duet has solid state preamp, VLA and MPA are tube preamps. So you can have other option. ART preamps are worth money and definitely not downgrade your quality. Just change tubes in it and there it is. And go only for analog connections, because ART's digital option is not good quality.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

+1. I have a MPA Gold and a VLA (and an ART Dual-tube EQ), and I love 'em. Put decent tubes in them--JJs are fine if you don't want to jump right into the NOS game--and go!
Old 18th September 2011
Here for the gear

Sweet, thanks heaps!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search