The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai EIE ? Audio Interfaces
Old 17th September 2011
Here for the gear

Akai EIE ?

Hello,

I've been looking for an audio interface for my flatlet's studio, and I stumbled on this new device from Akai, the EIE (Electromusic Interface Expander). As it is quite cheap (269 swiss francs, about 200$ I guess), and quite feature packed (4x4 i/o, USB Hub, MIDI i/o, etc), I started to look for some reviews on the internet, but I couldn't find any. Even a search on this forum didn't bring up anything.

So, my question is, have you ever got your hands on this EIE ? Or do you know any good interface in this price range with 4x4 io ?

Cheers,

Semion
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Addict

They've packed a lot of unnecessary features into the box for the price. It DOES have 4 inputs but it's only a 16bit interface. Most modern interfaces are doing 24 bit at the same price. If you can wait a month, the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 will be out. It's a dual-input 24bit/96KHz USB 2.0 interface. It looks very promising and probably going to be $149 US at retailers.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

go to 24 bit definately.....
Old 17th September 2011
Here for the gear

Okay, thanks for your answers But i can't really wait, is there any other good 24bit 4x4 interfaces on the market ?
Old 10th January 2012
The EIE Pro has 24-bit audio at 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, or 96kHz resolution.

Akai Professional EIE Pro | Sweetwater.com

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search