The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Question on seperate Preamp and Portastudio and A/D converter Single-Channel Preamps
Old 17th September 2011
Here for the gear

Question on seperate Preamp and Portastudio and A/D converter

Ok so my plan was to buy a Focusrite ISA one preamp without the a/d converter card and have that plugged into a Tascam DP-01FX Digital 8 Track Portastudio and have that go into my DAW on the computer. I was wondering is that possible? Or do I have to buy the Focusrite ISA One with the A/D card converter and then plug into the Portastudio and then the DAW? Or do I have this completely wrong and I should get the Focusrite ISA one with the A/D card and plug into a interface then the DAW? Can anyone help me out on this? I'm still learning this stuff so sorry if it's a dumb question.
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Addict

If the Tascam has a Line-In port, you can plug the DI or Mic output of the ISA One into that. Why have the portastudio in the middle though if you're recording into a computer?

You should be able to plug the ISA directly into your interface and record through your DAW.
Old 17th September 2011
Here for the gear

Okay so if I go for the ISA one --> interface I'm assuming I still need the A/D converter so I probably have to buy the Digital Focusrite ISA one and then have that into the interface? Btw does it matter how nice the interface is? Can I get a cheap one and will it still sound really good because of the good preamp and good converter?

Last edited by TpFox; 17th September 2011 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: grammar
Old 19th September 2011
Here for the gear

Can anyone give me some input on the question above?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search