The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Monomachine sequencing Drumstation - no workie Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Head

Monomachine sequencing Drumstation - no workie

Yeah, well since I needed some hardware drums and a Novation Drumstation turned up cheap I thought "Why not?". I wanted to sequence it from my Monomachine (I am using that as a sequencer in general). Monomachine goes into an Ensoniq midi patchbay and from there to the Drumstation. Midi channel 10 is chosen on both the Monomachine and the Drumstation - but no sequence is played? The Drumstation does not seem to respond on ANY midi channel...

What am I doing wrong?
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Head

I've read somewhere that the midi control on this module is prone to dying. Can anyone confirm that?
Old 23rd September 2011
Gear Head

Really? Noone has experienced the same? Really?
Old 24th September 2011
Gear Head

To answer my own question: The Drumstation will not accept midi through a patchbay.
Old 22nd August 2012
Here for the gear

My novation just stopped responding to midi. It was before in a midi patchbay by midi solutions and working properly. Tried to connect it directly into the sequencer but didn't help. Don't know if this is a common problem or not, but sure seems to have happened to me.

Any bright ideas how to fix it?
Old 22nd August 2012
Gear Maniac

my DS has been running for more than 10 years, never had a prob receiving midi. devices failing to receive midi for hardware failure reasons are rare in my world. usually comes down to user error, computer/interface problems, cables, etc. i also have bassStation and super bassStation, and nova laptop, so i've done my time with novation.

ps. my DS is a version2.

pps. is it possible your monomachine is sending notes in the wrong octave? is it possible you have set the mono where it doesn't output note info? is there a way you can hook up another machine and see if the mono runs it? is there a way to hook up another machine or keyboard and see if it can control the DS?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search