The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Mackie Onyx 1640 (Not 'I' version) Can 2 of these be linked together? Mixers (Analog)
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Mackie Onyx 1640 (Not 'I' version) Can 2 of these be linked together?

Anyone know if this can be done via link up cable or whatever?

Not really wanting to put one main out into another channel on Onyx 2 as you loose your Aux Send FX.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

Never heard of that and anyway there isn't any multipin connector that could do that thing. However there is a workaround for the aux sends. It is a bit of a workaround but I have used it before.

What you do is take aux send 1 on mixer one and put it into a channel on the second mixer. Then on that channel (do not route it to the master bus) turn up the aux send 1 on that channel. Then aux send 1 on the Mixer 2 goes to your effect. Of course this ties up a mixer channel for each aux send and is a bit kludgy but it does allow you to use the same effect on both mixers. But if you only have one or two effects that need to go across both mixers it works just fine.
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

if they're next to each other, what about the phono plugs on the tape send/return ?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search