The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ASP2802 Vs Focusrite Control 2802 Consoles
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Maniac

ASP2802 Vs Focusrite Control 2802

The ASP2802 has been rebranded (taken over) by Focusrite. Has anybody done a comparison between both units to see if there are any tonal differences? I've noticed a few comments about manufacturing possibly changing places and having an effect?

Any comments would be great please!
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Failing anyone having had a chance to do a comparison, what about any comments from existing owners of these 2 products? Really not sure which one to go for and there seems to be some comments going around about the unit losing quality by Focusrite manufacturing in China..
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Bumperoo
Old 17th September 2011
TRW
Lives for gear

Audient built at least the 1st batch under the new Focusrite branding. And a lot of the old audient stock was bought by them too.

I would say they are identical for the first 100 or so units. Focusrite seem keen to get things consistent/better not cheaper/worse so I wouldn't worry.

We have one (Audient) and it is a nice little board, compact and flexible. Sounds good. I think the focusrite model has the same Dearden circuitry so don't expect tonal differences.

-T
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Thanks TRW, much appreciated.. I'm really pleased with my ITB mixes, I'm a producer so they don't need to be final mixes usually but sometimes the labels go with my mixes so I thought a bit of summing and hands on control would give a bit of 'zing'..
Old 7th October 2011
Gear Maniac
I have one (Audient) and I really like it... it makes my workflow alot better... not a massive fan of the Buss comp (might be good on the drum bus? ) but apart from that, its pretty great.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search