The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Question for UK Slutz
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Question for UK Slutz

Hey guys I've noticed some of the biggest bands in the UK have a similar sound that is not common in the States.

Specifically is there a genre or term for the very similar sounding Radiohead, Muse, Coldplay etc. There seems to be a similar singing style and anthemic compositional style that is a popular aesthetic in Europe. I remember the old Manchester sound you guys had and loved a lot of those bands. What descriptor is being used for these guys and hopefully no one will go off on how different Radiohead is as I'm sure you understand the spirit of my question.

And thanks for taking Kate Hudson off our hands!
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump