The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
To end all rumers that apogee duet 2 may have windows drivers... Audio Interfaces
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

To end all rumers that apogee duet 2 may have windows drivers...

This is an e-mail i got from apogee after asking wether the duet 2 will have windows drivers (a rumer running around on the internet):

"We are fully committed to the Mac platform and those rumors are completely false…

To be honest there are too many variable in the windows market…

Keep in mind that we do have older legacy gear that has windows drivers / support avalible and some of our products run in stand alone mode in which you don't even need a computer…

Unfortunately Duet 2 does require a Mac for use and that's not going to change..."
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Apogee has so hung their hat on Apple's rack that you will never see Windows anything from them. In a couple of years they'll sell out to Apple and rebrand it all with something to do with GarageBand. Really sad because Apogee used to be a professional solution without a lot of competition at that level, not true anymore.
Old 16th September 2011
PDC
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarnutz View Post
Apogee has so hung their hat on Apple's rack that you will never see Windows anything from them. In a couple of years they'll sell out to Apple and rebrand it all with something to do with GarageBand. Really sad because Apogee used to be a professional solution without a lot of competition at that level, not true anymore.
Well, if more pros had money to buy high end stuff, I am sure Apogee would make it. They are chasing the market/money. The facts are, anymore, it just does not matter what you record on at the end of the day. It never really has. You either have a good song and good talent to perform and capture it, or you do not. The most MI of MI outperforms the crap people recorded with in the 40s, 50s, 60s in many cases. It is cleaner and more reliable in most cases. If someone cannot make a great record with a Duet and a mic, something is wrong. Is it ideal or the best tool for everyone? No. But what is?
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=PDC;7039018] If someone cannot make a great record with a Duet and a mic, something is wrong.QUOTE]

I tend to agree.
Old 15th February 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarnutz View Post
It was just a matter of time...
Avid | Pro Tools | Duet | Features
Old 15th February 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerno.44 View Post
It was just a matter of time...
Avid | Pro Tools | Duet | Features
Yep... although I have to say I wasn't really expecting it; but I don't follow Apogee.

Quote:
OS X/Windows—Works with Pro Tools and any other DAW software that supports ASIO, Core Audio, WDM, MME, or multi-client drivers
Old 15th February 2015
Lives for gear

Ahem cough cough.... Kinda old news guys. This was announced and even talked about last fall. Avid was responsible for this happening it's only for the Quartet and the Duet II as a more entry level interface for Pro Tools since Avid no longer owns M Audio and stopped improving on the M Box after the M Box 3 Pro.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search