The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
focusrite isa 428 won't switch inputs anymore! Multi-Channel Preamps
Old 16th September 2011
Here for the gear

focusrite isa 428 won't switch inputs anymore!

hi! have a focusrite ISA 428 (first gen) and recently the front input select button on all 4 channels stopped working. the pre powers up w/ mic input already selected, and all the buttons light up and function when i switch to line/inst, but the pre itself isn't actually switching the input inside. (and i don't hear the obvious "click" noise of the ISA switching input paths anymore). so basically no matter which input I select w the front buttons, mic is always stuck on for all 4 chan and i cant switch out of it.

sounds like a digital switch or controller is bad between the front panel and the pre itself. all the lights and VU's work. also- i used to have the ADC card installed but it made too much heat. i noticed some bulging caps on it too. i noticed the issue started while the ADC installed, then again 3-4 times randomly without it. however the ISA would be fine after a day... seems like it's not going to come back to life this time!

anyone have an idea??

thanks!!!
Old 16th September 2011
Does it pass signal?

Many of us have had issues with the ISA428 overheating, which can cause all sorts of problems.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

There's enough complexity in there I'm sure you'll have to send it in for repair.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search