The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Walter Becker [Steely Dan] on music & technology Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 21st December 2014
Lives for gear

Seriously I think the offending poster has no idea how many of the classic lead lines were written and/or played by Becker. To write or play lead guitar lines that an average listener can whistle is a very big deal. Perhaps the biggest deal of them all.

Also it is bad form to knock other people's styles or skill. That's a basic first lesson learned for anyone who had advanced their craft. Just sayin...
Old 21st December 2014
Gear Guru

I came across this recently and it made me laugh.

Old 21st December 2014
Here for the gear

Haha....great pic!! Thanks Drumsound.
Have to say I love Walter's understated brilliance, both as a writer and guitar player.
Heavy heavy cats The Dan. Not many can come close to those early 70's albums they did.
Old 21st December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowak View Post
Now Walter, go get some guitar lessons so you can do more than just noodle on SD records.

Stef
what a tedious pompous jerk you are. happy xmas.
Old 22nd December 2014
Lives for gear

Chucho...dude, that was from more than 3 years ago, I'm sure he's made a lifetime's worth of stupid and ignorant remarks since then.

One thing is for sure, they sound better together than they do apart...

for all interested in SD, check out "The Lost Gaucho and Outtakes"...it gives a glimpse into their production processes - even their raw demos sound like SD, and you can tell Becker's hand is in every tune, that it is him putting down the basic bass and guitar tracks, giving guidance to their eventual outcomes...
Old 22nd December 2014
Gear Nut

wonderful sentiment that seems to be related to the form vs function arguments. and r.i.p. and kudos to Roger Nichols. for all those wonderful Steely Dan records.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search