The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Can i get a better mixer for the money? Mixers (Analog)
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Head

Can i get a better mixer for the money?

$45 shipped. For basic use. Hooking this up to a pair of rokit rp6's. Can i get a better mixer for the money?Behringer Xenyx 802 Premium Mixer 8-Input 2-Bus - 802 | eBay
Old 16th September 2011
What are you trying to do? Live? Recording? For a great many projects, you simply don't need a mixer at all. IMO, using a mixer as a patchbay or switching box is a mistake. At the price range you are looking at, you will experience all the pain and problems of bad analog - nothing like the mojo of of high end analog gear. So at that level, it is way better to mix digitally if at all possible. If you have an audio interface, generally it will have all the functionality you need to do basic jobs.

So if you are convinced you need a mixer, that's about as cheap as it gets. Real bottom dwelling stuff.
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
What are you trying to do? Live? Recording? For a great many projects, you simply don't need a mixer at all. IMO, using a mixer as a patchbay or switching box is a mistake. At the price range you are looking at, you will experience all the pain and problems of bad analog - nothing like the mojo of of high end analog gear. So at that level, it is way better to mix digitally if at all possible. If you have an audio interface, generally it will have all the functionality you need to do basic jobs.

So if you are convinced you need a mixer, that's about as cheap as it gets. Real bottom dwelling stuff.
Well, im getting the rokit rp6's which are self powered, but i would like a gain knob. Wouldnt a mixer also get the speakers louder than just the knobs on the back and windows volume control?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search