The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any point using this compressor ! Control Surfaces
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Any point using this compressor !

So I have a guy that owed me for recording time and after 4 weeks hadn't payed up the last $100. I call him and ask home what's the go and he appologizea but say he can't pay right now though he does have a compressor that he would be happy to give me as payment even though it cost him more than he owes. I said as long as it's in working condition and not too beat up ok.
So a few days later he turns up and low and behold I see the dirty little behringer triangle on the comp under his arm...errr...
I told him I'll just hold it as collateral for the meantime but I still want my money.

So my question , is there much point putting this anywhere near my chain ?
I mainly produce rap vocals, RnB and I get a few folks singers etc..

I work mainly ITB, at low levels could this offer anything good at all, or will it just corrupt my signal ??

The time old battle of "is any hardware better than plugins" despite the muddy rep ??
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Maniac

In my humble opinion, that comp is worthless unless you're using it to comp your vocals in your basement jam space for your teen-aged children.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear
Well...what model is it. Some of the earlier Behringer compressors have fans.

I've several instances where a few NYC guys would ask for a Composer. the older is the vetter chance of it sounding ok. Kinda DBX 166ish.

Its worth 100 bucks if its a Composer.
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Head

God I hate Beheringer. Not once have I ever used a piece of their gear and been happy with the sound. You were right to hold it as collateral and try to get your money still. Most likely it's a paper weight or maybe compression for your headphones but not good for much else. Your signal chain is only as good as it's weakest link. I don't know what your chain is now but unless you're sporting radioshack mics and hosa cables, I would keep trying for your cash mane!
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyetfamous View Post
God I hate Beheringer. Not once have I ever used a piece of their gear and been happy with the sound. You were right to hold it as collateral and try to get your money still. Most likely it's a paper weight or maybe compression for your headphones but not good for much else. Your signal chain is only as good as it's weakest link. I don't know what your chain is now but unless you're sporting radioshack mics and hosa cables, I would keep trying for your cash mane!
Yea this is pretty much what I expected, ive had it a week and looked at it last night and sorta thought, they made it look like it might work lol
I didn't even try I though, and yea I gave the guy 4weeks to pay up, otherwise I'm gonna have to find a sucker on eBay haha

Oh I will confess... Only Behringer thing I have in my studio is 2 bcf2000's , no actual sound passes through them and do there job at stopping RSI on mymouse hand ..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search