The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Please help.. Meekbox VC6 problem Audio Interfaces
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Head

Please help.. Meekbox VC6 problem

My Meekbox VC6 is distorted and a bit noisy all of a sudden. I noticed when I turn it on the 1st green light on the meter turns on like normal... then a couple of seconds later all the meter lights turn on and stay on. The gain, enhancer etc.. are all on my normal setting and I have had no problems for a few years with this.
Any info or help much appreciated. I live in the jungles of central america.. so no tech help here.

Johnny

Normally use it like this:
Mic cable > VC6 Mic in> VC6 output> apogee Ensemble input

I just discovered this: maybe it means something to someone who knows there way around audio gear?

XLR input has low volume and is distorted but when I plug into the instrument in on the front panel(while using the xlr input) the distortion goes away the volume goes back up? There is still louder than normal hum either way.

The Instrument in on the front panel is distorted as well...a little more volume though ( when I go direct with my bass.)

The unit hums with both input & output volume turned to 0.

Last edited by the Seed; 15th September 2011 at 09:27 PM.. Reason: added more ifo. and details relating to my post
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Head

Just a bump for some advise or info. thanks!
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Head

anyone?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search