The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Music Videos Studio Headphones
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear
Music Videos

I know this isn't technically "audio gear" but does anyone have any good suggestions for a digital hd video camera. I need to start recording sessions and making a few music videos. If there is one cheaper go ahead and let me know but im looking at spending up to or around $500. Less if available, but not a **** camera.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear
If its more then $500 feel free to post it, just not toooo far over 500 lol
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Addict

there's a Canon digital camera -- regular photo camera -- that also has video capability and has become massively popular with independent filmmakers I know in LA

Not sure what it's called

Expect to pay more than 500 though, if you want anything more than problematically amateur looking video...
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by recorder2 View Post
there's a Canon digital camera -- regular photo camera -- that also has video capability and has become massively popular with independent filmmakers I know in LA

Not sure what it's called

Expect to pay more than 500 though, if you want anything more than problematically amateur looking video...
Rebel T2i or T3i? Maybe the 7D?

I have a Canon 7D. LOVE IT! The picture quality is great. To my eye, the higher end cameras that have built in video are pretty stunning. Mostly cause you can change out the lenses and such to get drastically different shooting styles. I have a few zoom lenses, a wide angle and a fish eye. They really make the video look more artsy.

But the T2i is around $1,200 and the 7D is around $1,700. I've messed with cheaper High Def camcorders. They look pretty clear, but you pretty much limit yourself to one type of shot. Not a lot of creative visual options like the nicer cameras.

If I were you, I'd save my money and get something awesome. If your audio is already good, a good quality camera would be a good choice to complement that.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha]-[acksaw View Post
Rebel T2i or T3i? Maybe the 7D?

I have a Canon 7D. LOVE IT! The picture quality is great. To my eye, the higher end cameras that have built in video are pretty stunning. Mostly cause you can change out the lenses and such to get drastically different shooting styles. I have a few zoom lenses, a wide angle and a fish eye. They really make the video look more artsy.

But the T2i is around $1,200 and the 7D is around $1,700. I've messed with cheaper High Def camcorders. They look pretty clear, but you pretty much limit yourself to one type of shot. Not a lot of creative visual options like the nicer cameras.

If I were you, I'd save my money and get something awesome. If your audio is already good, a good quality camera would be a good choice to complement that.
lol, I have a loooooooong list of audio gear that I would buy with 1,700 dollars before a video camera, I just want something to get started.
Old 15th September 2011
Here for the gear

I've a Canon rebel t2i, these are fairly well regarded dslrs that can do hd video recording, theyre also fairly inexpensive at $750 at bestbuy. I've only done photos with it so far but theres plenty of example of videos on youtube with it that you can see before you buy
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Guru

I have 3 Cannon GL2s I use live, love em.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search