The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neumann TLM 102 vs TLM 103 in terms of picking up room reflections Dynamic Microphones
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Neumann TLM 102 vs TLM 103 in terms of picking up room reflections

How might the Neumann TLM 103 compare to the TLM 102 in terms of rejecting room reflections?

I'm currently treating my room with a Realtraps Portable Vocal Booth and some gobos in the rear. I got a nice dry sound with my SM7B and SM57's.

Those are dynamics so they naturally pick up less room sound but I'm wondering which of those 2 low-end Neumann condensers would serve me better in that area.

Thanks!
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

I don't know about better but different. You'll be able to decide which is better for your situation. I think that with the PVB and the gobos in the rear you'll be fine.
Old 16th February 2012
Lives for gear

Cant speak for the 103, but ive got the 102 and it's actually very impressive for its cardiod pattern. Its very narrow and isnt really that sensitive to acoustic reflections as much as some of my other mic's (4033a, se2200a etc).

With some treatment it will definately sound fairly tight. Its a stunning mic for the price. I'm planning on getting another as soon as i can.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search