The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Will this/is this a good mixer to control studio monitors? Monitor Controllers
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Head

Will this/is this a good mixer to control studio monitors?

Is this a good piece of hardware to give me a gain knob on a pair of rokit rp6's?

Will this/is this a good mixer to control studio monitors?Behringer Xenyx 802 Premium Mixer 8-Input 2-Bus - 802 | eBay

I would like to purchase something for under $75. Thanks you.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

It will work yes.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

I like that wording, yes it will work fine.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Head

Excellent
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Is that the only use you'd need for thar mixer? 'Cos there certainly are better options for less moneys.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bang View Post
Is that the only use you'd need for thar mixer? 'Cos there certainly are better options for less moneys.
Yes pretty much. I may play around and hook up an ipod or equivalent. for the most part it would be just for the rokits. What do you suggest?
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Well, that changes things completely if you really need to hook an iPod or similar.

I would suggest a passive volume knob, like the TC Level Pilot, SM Patch line of products, and several others, do a quick search. Completely IGNORE the Mackie Big Knob or any other active volume controller.

These go for as little as 30 bucks, usual suspects from 80 to 300, up to the several thousand dollars (packed with features) - but to conserve audio fidelity I would go for a good and simple passive volume controller. Have a look around, some may have multiple inputs so you can hook up several sources at once and switch between them.

Having said that, probably you're at a point where an ultra clean signal path may not be the most uselful thing for you. Not to sound disrespectful, but if you're having this dubt and thinking "little behringer mixer?", I suspect your monitoring environment will not be at least close enough to take advantage of an ultra clean and uncolored monitoring path.

Did a quick search for ya, this is probably the cheapest thing to fit your bill !!

SM PRO AUDIO NANO PATCH PLUS SILVER - Thomann Cyberstore

And I'd date this over the Berhingaarrrrr any day of the week

But search for yourself, you might find something that fits you better!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search