The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anamod ATS-1 with 351 Card vs. Waves MPX / KMT ? Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 14th September 2011
Anamod ATS-1 with 351 Card vs. Waves MPX / KMT ?

Anyone compared these?

Observations?

Thanks!

J~
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

J, Greg Wells has posted re: his comparison of the MPX and an Anamod card. I think it's towards the start of the MPX thread in the New Product Alert forum.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Greg's post
Old 15th September 2011
Hmmm...

'Makes me even more curious what it was about the sound of the Anamod that made it win.

Thanks Tubthumper!

J~
Old 4th October 2011
Old 22nd November 2011
Gear Addict

Would you have the test gear equipment to carry out a certain test for me? .
i.e.
Test-1
Take a frequency response test 20Hz to 30kHz, and while monitoring it, adjust the BIAS TRIM and inform me of any changes that take place within the Freqency Response.
Test-2
Also have you ever checked the output when set to the 350 Card or the ATR-102 to see if the Bias frequency is part of the audio signal, the frequency should be about 100kHz for the 350 card, and about 432kHz for the ATR102.
I am assuming that the Anamod-ATS-1 is simulating blank virgin tape, so in the case of the ATR-102 the Erase Frequency of 144kHz is absent as it is not required when simulating a tape machine.

You might already know under what conditions the Test-2 should be carried out but if not, then I sugest that no input signal is used, in fact it would be wise to take the XLR input and with a plug Link both pins 2 & 3 down to pin-1, which will total mute the input.
Place an Oscilator or or HF Frequency Counter on the output, turn up the output to suit requirements.

I will understand if you turn down my request, as it is a little time consuming, but, you may also find it an interesting experiment.

Why are you selling your ATS-1 ?

Many Thanks

Tony.
[email protected]
You can write me direct at
[email protected]

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search