The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
HD-P2 firewire rec direct to mac? DAW Software
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear

HD-P2 firewire rec direct to mac?

No info nowhere, so hope you guys can help.

Is it possible, to use my Tascam hd-p2 as "soundcard" to directly record into Adobe Audition.

Firewire mounted, with- or without "firewire docking" chosen on recorder, no input source appears on the Mac in "sound, sound/MIDI" or Adobe Audition.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude2010 View Post
No info nowhere, so hope you guys can help.

Is it possible, to use my Tascam hd-p2 as "soundcard" to directly record into Adobe Audition.

Firewire mounted, with- or without "firewire docking" chosen on recorder, no input source appears on the Mac in "sound, sound/MIDI" or Adobe Audition.
The firewire will only show up as an external disc/hard drive on your mac. You should see an icon on the desktop.

For audio you need to use the S/PDIF RCA jacks and a converter to either FW, USB or optical. I bought an RCA digital to optical adapter on eBay for about $15.
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear

Great thanks - same I thought possible.
But there isn't a hack that allows it somehow? Really strange it doesn't work directly over firewire!??
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Dontcha wish? No hack that I know of. Thats okay, the adapter is an easy way in.
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear

How about taking it apart, anyone tried that? Unscrewed all screws in and out, ecxept for a few that sits through a hole in the green print. Got the backcover of, but front and top is hanging in still, applying more force will breake it :/ Any ideas? Or a step by step guide?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search