The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Hi everyone! Setting up studio monitors - Need help! Mixers (Analog)
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Head

Hi everyone! Setting up studio monitors - Need help!

Hi everyone, im new to the forum.

After some searching, I found I would like to simply ask a few questions here and get up to date answers. I would like to purchase a pair of Rokit 6's G2 for my computer setup. I will use them for music and occasional watching of movies. I really have my heart set on the 6's so i'm not really here to get suggestions to replace them.

I am here to ask what should I do for a pre-amp? I do not have a mixer. These speakers will be connected to my desktop computer which I have upgraded the sound card in. What is a cost effective preamp (or other method if possible) to get an extra gain knob for these speakers. You need this correct? I am looking for something VERY basic and cost effective. I found a pair of new Rokit rp6 G2 for $299. I think its a deal I cannot pass up but before I buy them I need to know what else I will need.

Thanks everyone!
Old 14th September 2011
Tc level pilot, sm pro nano patch. You just need a passive attenuator, not a preamp.
Old 14th September 2011
mds
Lives for gear

A-designs ATTY should do the trick too.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Head

Thanks for the fast response! Ive looked at those devices you listed, and they are around $75-$100 but they are very basic. Can I just use a basic mixer to achieve the needed extra gain knob? I can get a few extra bells and whistles for the same price I found this one:

Hi everyone! Setting up studio monitors - Need help!Behringer Xenyx 802 Premium Mixer 8-Input 2-Bus - 802 | eBay

What do you think?
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Head

Anyone?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search