The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Roundtone or Wavesmpx?
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Addict

Roundtone or Wavesmpx?

Anyone tried to do a comparison between these two? They are both getting A reviews..
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear
I haven't tried roundtone, but have tried almost every plug out there and I had to say if you don't already get waves mpx. It is really great. I use it on the 2 buss sometimes. It's great on guitar and even for delay to get a cool vintage hip kinda sound. I really love that plugin and for the price it's a no-brainer. One of the best mojo plugins I've hear in recent years.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Waves MPX is fantastic and very versatile. Roundtone is good but more subtle, you have some settings that are a bit dirtier but it doesn't really get e right vibe.

Also, if you are working with AU the get used to not having mono instances. I have maied Quinto Sardo about this but he hasn't figured it out yet. This applies to all their plugins as far as I know.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Head

Eddie Kramer is my hero. However, his Ampex machine has nothing to do with why he kicks ass. I hope to all that is holy that Eddie is making a buck off this stuff.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by affe110 View Post
Also, if you are working with AU the get used to not having mono instances. I have maied Quinto Sardo about this but he hasn't figured it out yet. This applies to all their plugins as far as I know.
Yeah, this is a real issue, and seems to affect all his plugin offerings. There is real talent there, so I hope he gets that together.

So... no Roundtone fans who prefer it to Waves for some things?

Very curious.
Old 7th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by affe110 View Post
Does anyone know if this is sorted yet in the latest versions of his plugins? I'm finding conflicting info from searching around...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search