The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How i got robbed
Old 14th September 2011
Here for the gear

How i got robbed

I am posting this on a well known DJ and Record Label,
I recently signed with Agent k of Digital Records and this has turned into a bad nightmare!
This guy jacked a track from a local WELL KNOWN dj here in north carolina,Posted it on Beatport.com as his own adding my name to the track as owner and is trying to sell it!
This has caused a major issue for me and has been blown up to where it looks like i am responsible for this illegal activity!
I am assuming he added my name to it as well to make it look like i sent it to him to try and sell,Which in turn is in no way the truth!
I am finding out now after i thought my career is taking off that it is being damaged by this dude,And he apparently has done shady dealings that i didnt know about til now because all his wrong doings are surfacing are being aired!
I in now way participated in this crap,I did not send him anything that wasnt my own,and to mention,He has 10 tracks of my remixes that have yet to be seen anywhere,probably being sold under his name and giving me no credit whatsoever.
This has cost me gigs,events being canceled and me being taken off event rosters and being slandered by people from my area.
This is wrong too sooo many levels!!!!!
I have tried to make numerous attempts to contact them for answers and as i figured,No response.....................I have already gotten attorneys involved and will not tolerate this from anyone involved at all,slander,stealing,and ruining my name!
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

dj hoho who ha what?

this belongs in the ear of your attorney until something is resolved, not here as it is simply hearsay and could damage any case you have (who is slandering whom right now?)

ya dig?
Old 14th September 2011
Its the same dude that I had beef with. Tis a shame someone else got caught up in the b.s.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

you want to sign with ANALOGUE RECORDS, not DIGITAL RECORDS. much better filters
Old 14th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky909 View Post
you want to sign with ANALOGUE RECORDS, not DIGITAL RECORDS. much better filters
Analogue vs Digital?

No No No

My 512 mhz pc will beat all and any ssl desk!
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinky909 View Post

Man with lots of gear and no track making fun of man on wrong track tutt

DJ JoJo that is a really **** situation. Best thing you can do is look for ways to terminate your original contract with this guy. I seriously wonder if you will be able to salvage your name.

You need to get in touch with Beatport and tell them who you are and that this is not your track.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersuper View Post
Man with lots of gear and no track making fun of man on wrong track tutt

DJ JoJo that is a really **** situation. Best thing you can do is look for ways to terminate your original contract with this guy. I seriously wonder if you will be able to salvage your name.

You need to get in touch with Beatport and tell them who you are and that this is not your track.
He's going to have to work it out with this guy or the guys distributor. Beatport doesn't get involved in disputes between labels and their artists.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Nut

Even if Beatport doesn't get involved in artist/label disputes, Jojo's attorney should investigate whether he can file a DMCA or similar to get the tracks taken down. That would be a good interim step.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

i love jojos! they're the best.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

definitely a great idea to make this a first post on a forum where no one has ever heard of you or anyone you are talking about. we're all just so immediately concerned about this drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj jojo View Post
I am posting this on a well known DJ and Record Label,
I recently signed with Agent k of Digital Records and this has turned into a bad nightmare!
This guy jacked a track from a local WELL KNOWN dj here in north carolina,Posted it on Beatport.com as his own adding my name to the track as owner and is trying to sell it!
This has caused a major issue for me and has been blown up to where it looks like i am responsible for this illegal activity!
I am assuming he added my name to it as well to make it look like i sent it to him to try and sell,Which in turn is in no way the truth!
I am finding out now after i thought my career is taking off that it is being damaged by this dude,And he apparently has done shady dealings that i didnt know about til now because all his wrong doings are surfacing are being aired!
I in now way participated in this crap,I did not send him anything that wasnt my own,and to mention,He has 10 tracks of my remixes that have yet to be seen anywhere,probably being sold under his name and giving me no credit whatsoever.
This has cost me gigs,events being canceled and me being taken off event rosters and being slandered by people from my area.
This is wrong too sooo many levels!!!!!
I have tried to make numerous attempts to contact them for answers and as i figured,No response.....................I have already gotten attorneys involved and will not tolerate this from anyone involved at all,slander,stealing,and ruining my name!
Old 14th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric J View Post
He's going to have to work it out with this guy or the guys distributor. Beatport doesn't get involved in disputes between labels and their artists.
When I had trouble with this guy they took my track down in 2 days time! Iam sure they will be happy to see someone else now has problems.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknatronik View Post
When I had trouble with this guy they took my track down in 2 days time! Iam sure they will be happy to see someone else now has problems.
I followed the controversy teknatronik is referring to on another site, including feedback from the artist in question; it does indeed sound Agent K has proven to be a genuine dick from the fact that this is the second time issues have been posted about him regarding problems or whatnot of other artists tracks. I haven't seen Agent's side of the story on Jojo's situation, but did on teknatronik's, and it seemed a very dubious act on Agent's part with that issue.

But yeah the attorney bit is the best course it seems, if what you're saying does turn out to be true and the whole story
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Man....Agent K sounds like a real *********.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Why doesn't someone give this dumbass a real good beat down? I mean seriously, if he's blatantly tarnishing people's reputations, then he needs a reminder in humility.
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Not good!
Old 14th September 2011
1. get a good lawyer and sue for breach of contract
2. don't post here about that, since it'll harm your case (blinky909 is correct)
3. @ boon: those are "frieten" mmmm. thanks now I'm hungry and I'll have to detach myself from the mixer
here's a random recipy that's fast, and yummie, I make this all the time with any vegetable available: Recipe: Gado-gado (Cooked mixed vegetables with peanut sauce)

thread moved to appropriate forum (upstairs)
seems Agent K has some 'splaining to do.
Old 14th September 2011
Old 14th September 2011
read this!

(Ok to start,Dude i am sorry for what this asshole has done to you and you are correct in saying that he has done this to others.
I have been dealing with Agent Prick for numerous years and over time i found that he paints a very sweet picture for everyone until the money factor comes into play,He ripped me off and it took me a while to catch him but i finally did when my peeps found some of my tunes they heard me drop on a show on juno and beatport.
I was getting messages from them asking why i turned MY **** over to K and not release it myself because it was a hot track,blah blah blah.
I had sent him the tracks for mastering "atleast thats what i thought" due to all the levels were frumped and i needed help,Months later after his so called work they dropped on sites for sell.
Hit me like a ton of bricks, I didnt believe it,called all my peeps liars,lost some damn good friends,and made numerous enemies in the process!
But in the end,I had to swallow my words and go to each and every one of them and save face.
I tried to make excuses for the prick,Took up for him,And i even got into some physical violence over it in public defending him,"My homie wouldn't do this to me" was my reasoning.
Dude don't worry about it,I dont know who the tack belonged too,But if they are bashing you and taking sides with him it will be him in the end that looks like the ass and if he is as well known as you say he is this will def hurt his career as it did mine for a while!
I admit i ****ed up and tried to cover Agent Pricks ass And the Digital Label,But in the end i was wrong and confronted him about it,He denied it to the end and finally the true colors of this jerk showed.
He cursed me to no end,Slammed my name,Tried to turn all my peeps against me,Sent out fake emails,Just anything he could do and the loyal followers of his believed him even til today they still do.
My advice to you is this,Get whatever you can as far as evidence,Sue his ass for your tracks providing you have a copyright and can prove their yours,And the damn people that are slamming you in your area because of this prick need to be dealt with as well.
And if they are doing this publicly ,get all that info and save it for court,Because if you cant prove he jacked your tracks,You will not have wasted your time if you have all their garbage in black and white,Any judge in the world will tell you that public announcements that presume someone is or has been involved in illegal activity and it cant be proven that, that person in question did the activity in question,"meaning that YOU sent the music to beatport not K" is slandering a buisness name and can be due fees and penalties and a fair judgement to you.
I am assuming that you did not send the "jacked track" to beatport,So to say it bluntly,It doesnt matter who took the track,However it does matter WHO submitted the track to beatport,Meaning that all the blame falls on Agent Prick.
And from my past agonizing deals with K, i can say i feel like he did it,sent it,saw a quick way to make some cash and put in the middle to take the fall,If you don't deal with this jo he will continue to do this and guys like myself and others will continue to get screwed!
Hang tough bro,We got your back and know that he does have alot of peeps like me that will defend him like i did,But keep your head up and this too shall pass,Just dont let this corrupt you into stopping or giving up,Deal with this **** bro!!.........You need me hit me up,Im here.
And be certain to deal with the ones who are causing you to lose buisness,Thats illegal also!!.
...................................Dyno Pro
And bro know that all of us florida peeps are not like this prick.)
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by boon View Post
definitely a great idea to make this a first post on a forum where no one has ever heard of you or anyone you are talking about. we're all just so immediately concerned about this drama.
We have heard of Agent K before. He's the guy who teknatronik had problems with in the past.
Old 14th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
We have heard of Agent K before. He's the guy who teknatronik had problems with in the past.
Correct sir!
Come to find out a lot more people are stepping up and saying their horror stories with this guy robbing their music. After reading some of these posts, I got away pretty clean!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search