The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Got Genelec 1029A's...any alternatives to the 7050B subwoofer? Studio Monitors
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Addict

Got Genelec 1029A's...any alternatives to the 7050B subwoofer?

Hi all,

After balking at the price for the Genelec 7050B sub (£729...ouch), I wondered whether any of you know of any subwoofers other than the aforementioned in the 'under £500' bracket that will seam flawlessly with my Genelec 1029A's.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

If you already spent a big amount on speakers, dont go cheap on the sub. There are a lot of other options rather than Genelec, like Velodyne. But to be honest if you already have genelecs, get a Genelec sub, like someone once explained to me, the filters of the sub and the speaker are meant to work together, its not the same case as with other brand.

No one is saying that if you buy another brand it wont work ok, all im saying is that for instance if you are going to be using the bass management on the sub (99% that you will be using) then having the sub made for your speakers is the best way to go. I have a 7060 sub, and a friend i know has a 7050, both are excellent products.

The 7050 is rather small, but packs a good punch, for me the 7050 is more than enough in most situations, the 7060 i have seems a bit big, even if its not that big either, please note that i dont use the sub as a ghetto blaster, but rather as a support for the lowest frequencies or to hear how will stuff sound in a PA or similar.
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualflip View Post
If you already spent a big amount on speakers, dont go cheap on the sub. There are a lot of other options rather than Genelec, like Velodyne. But to be honest if you already have genelecs, get a Genelec sub, like someone once explained to me, the filters of the sub and the speaker are meant to work together, its not the same case as with other brand.
Yeah, I figured you would say that. That's another year of waiting then... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualflip View Post
...please note that i dont use the sub as a ghetto blaster, but rather as a support for the lowest frequencies or to hear how will stuff sound in a PA or similar.
That's the general idea in my case!
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search