The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
KRK Rokit 5 connection Studio Monitors
Old 13th September 2011
KRK Rokit 5 connection

Hi,

I bought myself a pair of Rokit 5, and the guy at the store told me that the simple TS cables were good enough. Does it make a difference from TS to TRS? i understand the TRS is balanced etc, but in this situation, where they are running into my focusrite 24, and nothing else is going in there....do I need to go back to get the TRS?
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

I think he lied...

I think you need TRS. Seems the unblanaced input is RCA and the balanced input wants to see TRS or XLR.
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_1138 View Post
Hi,

I bought myself a pair of Rokit 5, and the guy at the store told me that the simple TS cables were good enough. Does it make a difference from TS to TRS? i understand the TRS is balanced etc, but in this situation, where they are running into my focusrite 24, and nothing else is going in there....do I need to go back to get the TRS?
I'd just stick with balanced if you plan on using the 1/4" input. TS should *work*, but it would be much more subject to noise/interference/buzz.
Old 13th September 2011
trs. all the way. one if any thing happens to them you will possibly void the warranty on them for not following there specified instructions. two, there is a difference sonic difference. TRS= stereo TS= mono
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt R View Post
I'd just stick with balanced if you plan on using the 1/4" input. TS should *work*, but it would be much more subject to noise/interference/buzz.
Yea pretty much what matt said
Old 13th September 2011
Ok. Thanks guys. The store is 40 min away, and I didn't want to have to go back lol. But if it will make that much of a difference, then so be it. I'd rather have the quality. I was just wondering if it's worth it; I would use XLR but the saffire doesn't have that, and I don't know how much of a difference it would make.
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Nut

First of, I would recommend a trs-xlr cable, that would be the ideal connection to use
Second, trs does not equal stereo, cables might look the same but they are not, the difference between the trs and ts cables is that in a trs the ground does not carry signal therefore being more quiet, and accurate than with a ts, also to get stereo sound you need two speakers, not one with a trs cable. Many units use trs outputs and they are mono units, so let's not confuse the way a cable looks, with the way it works
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search