The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Symetrix 606 Delay won't power up Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

Symetrix 606 Delay won't power up

Hey, I have this symetrix 606 delay that won't power on. I checked the fuse, and looked at the plug and they seem alright. When I plug it in, the transformer is whirring when you listen to it, which I take is a good sign. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem might be?
Old 30th September 2011
Here for the gear

Update

So, I decided to try and use a multimeter to see where the power ended, and it gets to the transformer, but then it does not go to the rest of the board. So, obviously, the transformer is at fault. What my question is is where can I get a replacement transformer and if anyone knows the specific model, since there are no markings or anything on it to indicate what the specific voltages and amps are.
Old 30th September 2011
contact symetrix
Old 30th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassist90 View Post
So, I decided to try and use a multimeter to see where the power ended, and it gets to the transformer, but then it does not go to the rest of the board. So, obviously, the transformer is at fault. What my question is is where can I get a replacement transformer and if anyone knows the specific model, since there are no markings or anything on it to indicate what the specific voltages and amps are.

There should be some information next to the power jack on the back of the box, with the input voltage, AC or DC, current needs, and the polarity of the plug. There was on my Symetrix 202 preamp. And maybe molded into the back of the transformer?

For what it's worth, my preamp works with this item from Jameco:

ADU160100Z5401: JAMECO RELIAPRO: Power Supplies & Wall Adapters

....and they'd probably be a good source for a replacement once you figure out your specs.
Old 3rd October 2011
Here for the gear

Well, I contacted symetrix and they just said that they don't carry the transformer anymore. They didn't give me any information to help me actually find one. So, I guess the next thing would be to ask for a schematic, not a manual as I've already seen those. So, does anyone have one? Don't say google it, I already tried that.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search