The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Insurance in the UK
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear
Insurance in the UK

Hi I have around £8,000 worth of instruments and recording equipment and £3000 worth of electrical and valuable/desirable stuff. I have been meaning to get insured and after a place 2 doors up got burgled today in daylight when they went out for only an hour it has prompted me to sort it pronto!

My questions are:

1) Is it better/can I get insurance for everything all together - mobile recording equipment and instruments stored at home but used on location - or will I need home contents and musical equipment insurance separately?

2) Best/cheapest place to get insurance in UK? How much can I expect to pay a year? Any loopholes or such I need to look out for or any terms I need to avoid or make sure I get?

Thanks in advance for help

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search