The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sell My DynaAudio BM5A? Studio Monitors
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Sell My DynaAudio BM5A?

Guys,

I just purchased a pair of Adam A7X's I got a great deal at MUSIC 123,

So the question is, I have a pair of Dynaudio BM5A original. Would you guys keep the Dyn's as well, or sell them and get something else? What would you get and why?
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

What deal did you get? Is it available to us? I'm looking to buy the A7X's as well (and have the BM5As right now). How do you like them compared to the Dynaudios?

Thanks.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

I have a5x and I monitored both a7x and dyna.
If you have a7x I would get rid of dyna since it's in the same class and get something bigger for additional if you want another pair.
I would get s3x-h.
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Maniac

How does your mix translate with the Adams compared to the Dyn's? I would let that determine what I did. I have the Dyn's and am very happy with how they translate. I just recently put in wood floors to my room, and with the bass traps and room treatment have it's measureing within +/- 10 db,from 50hz to 10k. Over 10k, it goes up another 2 db on up to 20k.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hricco View Post
Guys,

I just purchased a pair of Adam A7X's I got a great deal at MUSIC 123,

So the question is, I have a pair of Dynaudio BM5A original. Would you guys keep the Dyn's as well, or sell them and get something else? What would you get and why?
Try working on both, make a mix just on the Dyns, a mix just on the Adams and a mix that you use both sets to reference on. Then take those mixes and listen to them in the car, on earbuds etc. Which one translates best?.

If its clearly better using just one of the pairs, might as well sell the others and invest it in other gear or software
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
What deal did you get? Is it available to us? I'm looking to buy the A7X's as well (and have the BM5As right now). How do you like them compared to the Dynaudios?

Thanks.
I haven't got them yet, they should be here tomorrow. but they gave me the pair for 1196.00. Thats 598.00 per monitor, 100 off the normal price, so I thought that was a decent deal.
Quote:
I have a5x and I monitored both a7x and dyna.
If you have a7x I would get rid of dyna since it's in the same class and get something bigger for additional if you want another pair.
I would get s3x-h.
Something bigger.....I was thinking along these lines, and I can get a pair of Event Precision 8s for about 600 on ebay right now.

The other option would be to add a sub, but I can't afford the Adam Sub, so would you guy reccomend one that would be a good fit. the KRK 10s looks like a screaming deal, what do you guys think?

Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

get to know the ADAMs for a bit.

then do a mix on each set of speakers.

see which mix translates better.

keep that set.
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonkified View Post

Thanks.
So got them!! and hooked them up. Whoa baby....

These things sound great. Compared to the dynaudio's the top end is crystal clear, it seems to open way up on the adams. the mids are very tight, and the low end is very powerful, I'm glad I didn't get the 8X's they would have been way to much for my room. was considering getting a sub...but after listening, I have determined that I don't need one.

The a7X are way more powerful than the dyn's If I keep the monitor controller volume at the midway position, and switch between them, the adams are WAY louder, I have to volume match the dyns to the adams.

Also switching between them reveals the slightly blurred mid range of the dyns....switch back to the adams and the mid range is very present and the high end just opens up big time.

I am extremely happy with these monitors, as I was with the dyns.

I think I have an emotionally attachment to the dyns though and haven't decided to sell them yet. the other set of monitors that I have are NS10's and I rarely use them, I think I may sell the NS10's and get a set of mix cubes or the like.

but to sum it up the Adams are an incredible set of monitors, and the music 123 deal just makes them that much more attractive. So go forth and get'em you will love them!!

Of course this is my opinion of these monitors in MY particular environment. but that being said....you really can't go wrong with these.
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Maniac
I'm confused - what's the special Music 123 deal?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search