The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My Email to Jazzmutant ... Fingers Crossed!! Control Surfaces
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Nut

My Email to Jazzmutant ... Fingers Crossed!!

I sent Jazzmutant an email about their OS. If you're a Lemur owner, or someone that is interesting in the Lemur, would you like to see this happen? ...

Quote:
Hi Jazzmutant,

I'm James (GV1) on the forums. I'm emailing to discuss further development of the Lemur OS. Please read the email before responding.

I've recently purchased a Lemur, last week infact, I paid £1600 for it. The Lemur is a fascinating device that walks all over TouchOSC. Even after you ceased production I still went out and purchased because my iPad and Samsung Galaxy tablet just don't cut it in the studio or live.

Now, with that said, I am really excited about discussing the possibility of opening up and API on the Lemur OS to allow for developers like myself to hook into the OS and expand the Lemur. When I say expand, the main thing I am talking about is allowing developers to create custom objects, and be able to share them with the community. Currently TouchOSC don't have the objects, or the scripting capabilities that the Lemur has, and I can't see that improving anytime soon either.

I know you can't release it Open Source, but opening up an API will allow for some amazing developments on the Lemur. There are lots of professional programmers within the community that would contribute, myself included.

I don't know the reason for the production ceasing, my guess is that the production was to expensive when there are cheaper alternatives available. But, the cheaper alternatives don't compare. Just look on the Internet, you will see the demand for the Lemur to continue the production. This is probably something you can't consider at this point BUT open up the API, and see what happens. What I can see happening if you did this is that a lot of people will be interesting in the new advancements to the Lemur that the community has contributed (custom objects) and over time this interest will cause so much demand that producing the Lemur would be something to consider if the demand ever reached this point.

Just imagine all the new videos on YouTube, and all the new tutorials, that will hit the Internet. Free marketing. New interest. New demand.

Objects are at the heart of the Lemur, and there are some objects I would love to see. There are some objects I'd love to create that are just wacky and experimental, but being able to do this and share it with the community, and to also download other users objects, would be amazing. And this is something TouchOSC could never do. Once you download an app on a tablet, expanding it using a programming language is impossible. So again, you have the edge over the market that TouchOSC and other apps just can't compete with.

Do you have a contact number so that I can discuss this in person?

If you don't believe this is something that would work, just ask the community. Send out an email to your list, ask for a response on the forum. I promise you this is something the whole community would love.

I'm expecting a generic response, but it would be great if you could give this idea some time and discussion with other members of staff just to see if it actually has any interest.

Regards,

James Jeffery
(GV1)
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search