The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Focal Twin 6 Tweeter Replacement
Old 11th September 2011
Here for the gear

Focal Twin 6 Tweeter Replacement

Hi guys,
I've just recently purchased a beautiful pair of Focal Twin 6s. I'm loving them to bits, but one of the tweeters appears to have been damaged in transit due to the seller using insufficient packaging. I've contacted our local service center who stated it was not covered under warranty and would cost me $579AU + return shipping to replace it. Ouch.

The sound and stereo field doesn't appear to be compromised, but I'm still dubious about having a dinged tweeter. Focal said the voice coil may potentially fail in the next few months.

I was wondering if you guys knew any outlet to purchase just the tweeter and have my tech replace it as I'd rather avoid the downtime of pingponging speakers across the country. Any cheaper options would be welcome.

Other than that these monitors are excellent!
Attached Thumbnails
Focal Twin 6 Tweeter Replacement-photo-1-.jpg  
Old 8th March 2013
Here for the gear

You can order spare parts separately and fix it by yourself, i do it always!
Old 21st January 2019
Here for the gear

can you please tell me where you got these replacement parts. my tweeter and one of my drivers are damaged.. Thanks to my cat who hops on everything

please help me
Old 22nd January 2019
Gear Addict

Ouch, that tweeter looks bad!

I checked a while back and ASFAIK the only source of the beryllium tweeter is Focal. It's an expensive tweeter but what other choice do you have?

It seems to me the seller had a responsibility to deliver the speakers in good condition if that was promised then he should pay for the tweeter. Just my 2 cents.
Old 22nd January 2019
Gear Addict

I had my twins tweeter damaged back when I had them thank god they were under warranty.. you can only get replacement from focal. Ps..there extremely sensitive mine was damage because a client had a piece of metal next to them. The worst part is the metal didn’t even make contact. After I got them repaired I got custom speaker covers made for them with a hard front. Good luck
Old 22nd January 2019
Gear Maniac

In the US “The Speaker Exchange” which appear under reckoning speakers dot com can sell you a replacement for about $300

The Speaker Exchange - Speaker repair, replacement, recone, refoam, parts and diy kits.
Old 22nd January 2019
Gear Maniac

In the US “The Speaker Exchange” which appear under reckoning speakers dot com can sell you a replacement for about $300

The Speaker Exchange - Speaker repair, replacement, recone, refoam, parts and diy kits.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search