The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ada8000 as master. My inputs are distorted Audio Interfaces
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

Ada8000 as master. My inputs are distorted

I have a focusrite ls56 with pt9. Just picked up an ada8000.

Here's the problem: I plug my adat cable in and set the saffire mix control to adat1 as the master. It locks to it, but when I see input it's all distorted at any level and I don't know why?!?

I don't have another adat cable to run back to the ls56 to use as master.

My session and ada8000 are both at 48khz.

I know everyone will say it's a clock issue, but it's hooked up right. So that's the problem that confuses me

Also it didn't come with a fuse which was around 640ma 250v. So I put in the only fuse I had which was 1.6a. I really don't think that matters, If their is a voltage problem it will fry my unit before the fuse blows. So that's a chance I gotta take until I get the right fuse

Man I'm confused, HELP PLEASE!!!
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

The only thing I can think of is to ask which analog inputs are you using and where are the gain knobs pointing?
Old 11th September 2011
RiF
Lives for gear

ADA8000 as in "Behringer ADA8000"? If so, my ADA8000 absolutely needed BOTH ADAT-cables to be connected, no matter if I want to use ins our outs. Don't remember exactly what happened, but I remember something about the clocking going wrong which yielded to a lot of crackles and such.
So spend the 8 $ for a cable and plug it in to see what's happening.
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiF View Post
ADA8000 as in "Behringer ADA8000"? If so, my ADA8000 absolutely needed BOTH ADAT-cables to be connected, no matter if I want to use ins our outs. Don't remember exactly what happened, but I remember something about the clocking going wrong which yielded to a lot of crackles and such.
So spend the 8 $ for a cable and plug it in to see what's happening.
THIS... The behringer ada8000 needs both adat cables connected. But I stand corrected.. long time that I worked with that thing.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Head

Hi, try to get in sync the ada with the saffire via a word clock cable, maybe it is some clocking issue.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Addict

confirm 2 adat (ins & outs) to sync the clock
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

I only use my behringer ada8000 for A-D these days and have had only one cable connected for at least a year with no troubles..
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

and I use it as the master clock with digi002
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Check you control switch on the back odthe Ada. Is it set to master?
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hey guys, still no luck. I bought 2 new adat cables and still the same issues.

I guess i might need to get wordclock cables. In the meantime i picked up another ada8000 for cheap and it does the same thing.

My goal is to have both ada8000 connected to my ls56. i guess ill need wordclock cables for that anyway, but id hate to keep on buying cables to find the right configuration

I contacted focusrite so hopefully they will have a solution...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search